WC Qualification: Ireland - Azerbaijan

Paarai

Betfather lvl. 2
04.09. 18:00 CET

The Irish national team is not having a good time. Despite having a lot of players from the English Premier League in their squad, the Irish have failed to qualify for the EURO, and even failed to win a single game in 2020, and have only beaten Andorra so far this year, and that was in a friendly.
Didn't even get a point in the World Cup qualification, especially the loss at home to Luxembourg was surprising. But on Wednesday against Portugal, they reached for 3 points for a long time, unfortunately for the Irish it was Cristiano Ronaldo who turned it around with two goals in the end. and Portugal won 2:1. But it was certainly a performance to build on, and for me, the main reason why I'll play Ireland to win despite the horrible results of the last time. The third match, they lost 3:2 away against Serbia.

The second reason is the opponent, Azerbaijan is definitely the quality of the squad at least one level lower.
They won 2:1 against Belarus (friendly) this year, but lost all the other 6 matches and has 0 points in the qualification group as Ireland. In group, they lost 1:0 to Portugal, 2:1 to Serbia and 2:1 to Luxembourg.

So if Ireland are to have any hope of advancing from the group stage, a home win against a team like Azerbaijan is the first step. Players like Hendrick from Newcastle or Connolly from Brighton have the ability to score some goals and I believe the Irish will finally win a competitive game.

My prediction: Ireland to win @ 1.50 (bet365)

Paarai

Betfather lvl. 2
My prediction: Ireland to win @ 1.50 (bet365)
Ireland 1:1 Azerbaijan
Prediction KO (n)

Azerbaijan won the first half 1:0. Ireland came out the better team after break and dominated the whole second half, but they only managed to score a goal in the 87th minute to make it 1:1 and unfortunately they couldn't score the winning goal.

About Betfather

Betfather.tips is the fresh air among betting forums. Bringing our users clean and readable website, where the main target is to connect people through their passion for the game.

On Betfather you can share your sports or esports betting tips and previews as well as getting inspired by others. General discussion about betting included, discuss your betting strategies or money management on Betfather!

Make sure you gamble responsibly (18+) BeGambleAware.org
2021 © Betfather.tips

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emeka1
Top Bottom