Tottenham - Manchester City

Giovanni

Staff member
15.08.2021 - 17:30 CET

ENGLAND: Premier League - Round 1

In the first round of the Premier League, I'll go for a risky bet on Tottenham at home against the Premier League's biggest favourite, Manchester City.

At the beginning of August, City had no problems with Blacpool (4:1), but then surprisingly lost to Leicester (0:1) in the English Super Cup Community Shield after a penalty at the end of the game. In addition, City did not beat Leicester statistically.
Tottenham in pre-season played for example away with Chelsea (2:2) and home beat Arsenal 1:0.

Tottenham finished last season in 7th place and the spring season was pretty weak, but Spurs can play successfully at home against Manchester City.

Another aspect will be the line-ups, as the home side may be missing Kane and Ndombele. However, Tottenham's superstar will be replaced in attack by Son, who is especially good against Man City.
City could be missing several important players like Ederson, Jesus, Walker, Stones and Sterling. On top of that, two very important key players, Foden and De Bruyne, will be missing.

H2H: (Tottenham home)
Tottenham
2:0 Man City (league / 2020)
Tottenham 2:0 Man City (league / 2020)
Tottenham 1:0 Man city (Champions League / 2019)

My bets:
Tottenham or Draw @ 2.20 (bet365)
Higher odds that is worth a try - Tottenham @ 5.61 (local bookie)

Lucas

Staff member
In my eyes Man City are not favorite to win the title anymore, they are just one of the favorites, with Man Utd and Chelsea building so strong squads and Liverpool having same top team for years led by Klopp... And City lost Agüero and bought just overpriced Grealish... this season is going to be competitive as F.

Tottenham double chance seems very reasonable, I may join later or skip this match. Good luck! 🍀

Hellscream

Betfather lvl. 2
Time of first corner - before 8:00 @ 1,83 (bet365)

I love to try this bet from time to time and this match is exactly what I'm looking for. First match of the season, two teams with both great strikers and defenders. One of the first attacks of the game could result in corner kick easily.

Giovanni

Staff member
No Kane, No Problem 😂

Son gets Spurs off to a flyer against the reigning champions 🚀
The last time Man City failed to win their opening PL match of the seasonn was back in August 2010. The opponent? Tottenham Hotspur 😉

About Betfather

Betfather.tips is the fresh air among betting forums. Bringing our users clean and readable website, where the main target is to connect people through their passion for the game.

On Betfather you can share your sports or esports betting tips and previews as well as getting inspired by others. General discussion about betting included, discuss your betting strategies or money management on Betfather!

Make sure you gamble responsibly (18+) BeGambleAware.org
2021 © Betfather.tips

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emeka1
Top Bottom