Tottenham - Crystal Palace

Giovanni

Staff member
26.12.21 - 16:00 CET

Premier League

Today we take a look at the English Premier League, its 19th round and the match between Tottenham and Crystal Palace.

After the match forfeit, Tottenham said goodbye to the European Cups and can now concentrate on the league. After 15 games, they are in 7th place with 26 points. In these matches, the home team scored 18:19, which gives us almost 2.5 goals per game. However, that position in the table is quite distorting, as Tottenham have the least number of games played of all teams, due to postponed games due to covid. But things are looking good now and home team should be almost complete (missing Romero, Sessegnon, Gil and Scarlett). If Tottenham can win this game, they can move up to 5th place ahead of West Ham, then if they win all the games they miss out on the rest of the teams, they can move up to 4th place ahead of Arsenal. Plus as I wrote above, they can now concentrate fully on the league and of course the EFL Cup, which they beat West Ham 2-1 before Christmas.

Visiting Crystal Palace are 11th in the mid-table with 20 points after 17 games. They have an even score of 24:24, which gives us a nice average of 2.82 goals per game. In case of a win, the visitors can move to 9th place ahead of Leicester, at least temporarily. Crystal Palace squad should also be almost complete, the announced absences are Ferguson and McArthur.

In mutual matches, they have been hitting it pretty well, with a total of 16 goals in the last five Premier League clashes, which is more than three goals per game. The required over 2.5 goals has not fallen in two matches, both of which have ended in 1-1 draws.

In this match I choose over 2,5 goals. Tottenham can and definitely will want to move up the table, but they have the squad for it and especially they don't have to "burden" themselves with European cups. Crystal Palace have surprised me quite pleasantly this season, their players can play handsome football, score goals, create chances and also concede goals. Tottenham, after a forced quarantine, took points from Liverpool at home, drawing 2-2 with them and then also beating West Ham 2-1 at home in EFL Cup. Now they are facing their third home game in a row and I expect Tottenham to build on their performances from the last few games and also from their mutual games with Crystal Palace and we will see at least three goals.

My bet:
Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.90 (bet365)

Lucas

Staff member
ARC62UAr-EwpAw8YN.png
AFNlsDzS-6sMoYuga.png

I believe Spurs are going to win this match. Their performances under Conte are better and better, picking up point against Liverpool and defeating West Ham United 2-1 in the EFL Cup. They also comfortly won against Norwich and Brentford.

Need to mention they are out of UEFA Conference League, what had to be nightmare for club like Tottenham. Giving up on Conference League is the best outcome for the club as they can fully focus on improving their position in the Premier League. And this is it, Crystal Palace are coming to face highly motivated squad and with Spurs quality, I believe they will deliver three points against CP.

No major missing players for both sides.

My bet:
Tottenham to win @ 1,70

About Betfather

Betfather.tips is the fresh air among betting forums. Bringing our users clean and readable website, where the main target is to connect people through their passion for the game.

On Betfather you can share your sports or esports betting tips and previews as well as getting inspired by others. General discussion about betting included, discuss your betting strategies or money management on Betfather!

Make sure you gamble responsibly (18+) BeGambleAware.org
2021-2022 © Betfather.tips

Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProfesorMigelante
Top Bottom