Shakhtar Donetsk - Monaco

Giovanni

Staff member
25.08.2021 - 21:00 CET

Champions League - Qualification - Final

Game 2. 1st leg result: 1-0.

The first match ended in a slim 0:1 win for Shakhtar, where Monaco have their chances but failed to convert them.

Monaco are not in form, that they can beat Shakhtar at this moment, especially on Ukrainian ground, where teams don't play well and longer travelling won't help. But I believe Monaco definitely have the quality to score, the players to do it, Ben Yedder, Golovin, Volland, Fabregas...

Shakhtar can't play completely defensive and wait to see what Monaco will do. The win from the first game is nice, but all it takes is one Monaco goal and it goes to extra time.
So I expect more active game from the home team and an earlier goal, which would have suited us. Then Monaco would have to step up, which suits our goal scoring bet.

Statistics from 1st match:
Monaco 0:1 Shakhtar

Ball possession - 44% : 56%
Goal attempts - 16:6
Shots on goal - 6:4
Corner kicks - 8:3

Shakhtar's last round in CL qualification match at home won 2:1 against Genk, where Shakhtar also won the first match away by one goal
I think this bet definitely has chance and is worth a try, the odds are more than luxurious

My bets:
Shakhtar Donetsk and Both Teams to Score - Yes @ 6.0 (bet365)
safer bet - Draw No Bet: Shakhtar Donetsk @ 2.20 (bet365)

Giovanni

Staff member
Shakhtar 1:2 Monaco (2:2 after extra time) = Both bets are KO (n)

Although Monaco had an excellent first half, with two goals from Wissam Ben Yedder, they failed to advance. Shakhtar changed the game in the end of the second half and were the more active team on the pitch. Marlos reduced the score after a defensive mistake. In extra time, result was decided by an own goal by Monaco's Ruben Aguilar.

About Betfather

Betfather.tips is the fresh air among betting forums. Bringing our users clean and readable website, where the main target is to connect people through their passion for the game.

On Betfather you can share your sports or esports betting tips and previews as well as getting inspired by others. General discussion about betting included, discuss your betting strategies or money management on Betfather!

Make sure you gamble responsibly (18+) BeGambleAware.org
2021 © Betfather.tips

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emeka1
Top Bottom