Liverpool - Manchester City

Giovanni

Staff member
03.10.21 - 17:30 CET

Premier League

Liverpool have 14 points and a 15-4 score after six rounds and lead the table. Liverpool have the best offense in the league. Six games in a row Liverpool has scored three or more goals. In the Premier League, Liverpool last played 3-3 at the newcomer Brentford. That was a big surprise, of course, but Brentford must be seen as a solid team that plays a similar style like Liverpool, lots of pressing and fast football. Liverpool led 2-1 and 3-2, but conceded in the 82nd minute and didn't have time to react. Liverpool have 67% ball possession in this match and won 6-4 on shots on target. He was the closer to victory.

Liverpool answered to this draw, in the Champions League winning 5-1 at Porto. Unfortunately, right-back Trent-Alexander Arnold, an important member of the squad, did not play. His start is also uncertain against City. But I think Klopp will be able to solve this absence.

Manchester City are second in the table one point behind Liverpool with a 12-1 score and have the best defence in the league. However, in recent games it has been very scrappy up front, it is quite evident that the Citizens don't have a traditional top striker. We can argue that City won the title last year without him, but then City unsuccessfully chased Kane and Ronaldo over the summer, so Pep Guardiola wanted to fill that position.

Well, in the last three games (not counting the League Cup against Wycombe from 3rd league) City have scored just one goal. Firstly, they played 0-0 at home to Southampton, where although they have 64% ball possession, they only have one shot on target. This was followed by a 1-0 win at Chelsea after their best performance in a long time. The Citizens pressed Chelsea's midfield brilliantly, have 59% ball possession and have four shots on target this time. It was a goal by Jesus. Let's move on to the Citizens' last Champions League game so far at PSG, which they lost 0-2. Manchester City were the better team in this match and probably deserved to win, but once again they showed their inability in the attacking phase. City have seven shots on target (+ two crossbars), but they just didn't score.

I expect Jesus, who scored against Chelsea, to be in the lineup against Liverpool for sure, and also Grealish, who has almost always played under Guardiola so far. The third offensive position in a 4-3-3 system will be probably someone from the trio of Sterling, Mahrez, Foden.

It will be a battle of the best offense against the best defense. And I just trust the trio of Salah, Mané, Jota to score at least once. On the other hand, I don't trust City's offense so much that I imagine a 1-0 win will be enough for Liverpool.

When I compare the offensive strength of Liverpool and PSG, who gave City two goals, I don't think Liverpool players are in any way inferior to those of PSG in terms of quality. Moreover, we can expect them to be a bit more honestly involved in the defensive phase after all.

My bet:
Liverpool @ 2.87 (bet365)

safer bet: Draw No Bet: Liverpool @ 1.87 (bet365)

Paarai

Betfather lvl. 2
Great analysis! I'm inspired. I especially agree with City's ineptitude in attack vs Liverpool's fantastic defence. For me, a clean 1. Of course, it will take a bit of luck, but at odds almost of 3 I'll definitely play it. 😇

Good luck 🍀

Giovanni

Staff member
My bet:
Liverpool @ 2.87 (bet365)

safer bet: Draw No Bet: Liverpool @ 1.87 (bet365)
FT: Liverpool 2:2 Manchester City

59'
Sadio Mané Goal (1:0)
69' Phil Foden Goal (1:1)
76' Mohamed Salah Goal (2:1)
81' Kevin De Bruyne Goal (2:2)

@ 2.87 KO (n)

@ 1.87 Refunded

Jake

Betfather lvl. 3
Salah is quite simply a living legend. What a footballer and the man who has kept Liverpool afloat more times than i can count.

His goal today :love:

Last edited:

Lucas

Staff member
This year could be very very very interesting 💡 I wish there will be big battles for every single point until the last round!

About Betfather

Betfather.tips is the fresh air among betting forums. Bringing our users clean and readable website, where the main target is to connect people through their passion for the game.

On Betfather you can share your sports or esports betting tips and previews as well as getting inspired by others. General discussion about betting included, discuss your betting strategies or money management on Betfather!

Make sure you gamble responsibly (18+) BeGambleAware.org
2021 © Betfather.tips

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bivan Bivo
Top Bottom