Champions League: Juventus vs. Chelsea

Malchus

Betfather lvl. 2
29.09.21 - 21:00 CET

It's nine years old, but it's still well remembered at Chelsea. Back then, they were the first defending champions to drop out of the Champions League after the group stage and it was Juventus who took four points from the London club. At home, Juventus beat them 3:0.
Chelsea is also defending trophy in the millionaire's competition this year, but this time they are in better form than Juventus, who lost the league title to Inter Milan. Then Cristiano Ronaldo left the Old Lady just after the start of the season and they are struggling in Serie A (9th place).

Juventus won the Champions League first match in Malmö 3-0, but the Swedish champion does not have the quality and the scorers of two of the three goals are currently out of action; Paulo Dybala and Alvaro Morata are key offensive players and Juventus have no one to adequately replace them.
Chelsea's defence has been really great, conceding only four goals in 14 games since the start of last season in the Champions League. And after the arrival of Lukaku from Inter Milan, they are also stronger offensively. The Belgian striker is a difference-maker, which he proved with, among other things, the only goal in the home game against St. Petersburg.

Chelsea lost against Manchester City over the weekend, but they are still much better in the season than Juventus. Juventus beat Sampdoria 3:2 over the weekend but again had no problem conceding more than one goal and that shouldn't work against Chelsea's excellent defense and Lukaku in attack.

Prediction:
Chelsea @ 2.10 (bet365)

Lucas

Staff member
CbDOFGyS-QPFkwCmU.png
GMmvDEdM-2B0QucIK.png

Poor defensive work by Juve and missing Dybala with Morata are the key factors for me here, the only thing that scares me is N'Golo Kanté missing due to testing positive for COVID-19 and is in quarantine 😬 Anyway I expect Lukaku to go through this defense like an arrow, supported by Ziyech and Havertz, I really like Chelsea's attack this season, pure quality and a good mix of power, speed and skills. And that's why I try goalscorer bet here too, as I expect Lukaku will be guarded heavily, it will make space for the great talent Kai Havertz who has no problem with scoring goals in very fair odds in comparsion to Lukaku (2,00).

Joined for Chelsea to win bet
Kai Havertz to score anytime @ 3,75

Jake

Betfather lvl. 3
Juventus is one big disappointment for me so far without CR7, even with him last year it wasn't great, this year it's even worse. But they are picking up as time goes on, they have won a few games in the league, got some points and jumped up the table a bit, but they are still conceding a lot of goals. Sampdoria and Spezia both scored 2 goals against Juventus, why couldn't in-form Chelsea give them 2 goals too?

Chelsea are doing very well this year, but there is always room for improvement. For example, the game at the weekend when they played against City for important points they failed and lost the game 1-0. However, this game will be about something else, different competition, different opponent and quality of the team. I believe they will want to make up for the weekend defeat and beat Juventus or score at least 2 goals.

My bet:
Total Goals: Chelsea - Over 1.5 Goals @ 2.37 (bet365)

About Betfather

Betfather.tips is the fresh air among betting forums. Bringing our users clean and readable website, where the main target is to connect people through their passion for the game.

On Betfather you can share your sports or esports betting tips and previews as well as getting inspired by others. General discussion about betting included, discuss your betting strategies or money management on Betfather!

Make sure you gamble responsibly (18+) BeGambleAware.org
2021 © Betfather.tips

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bivan Bivo
Top Bottom