AFCON: Algeria - Sierra Leone

Jake

Betfather lvl. 4
11.01. 14:00 CET

Defending champions Algeria begin their journey at the African Championships when they will face Sierra Leone in their opening match. There should be no doubt about the winner here, but rather how many goals Algeria will manage to score against Sierra. For me, Algeria, along with Senegal, are the biggest favourites to win this championship and I expect absolute domination against the newcomers from Sierra Leone.

Sierra Leone are making only their 3rd ever appearance at the African Championship and this year will be the first time in 26 years that they will be playing in the AFC Cup and they will face a tough challenge in their first match. Algeria, led by Manchester City captain Mahrez, have a very well put together squad indeed and on paper at least, are impressive. Fighters like Bennacer, Benrahma, Slimani or the aforementioned Mahrez will set the pace not only in this match but I expect throughout the tournament.

For the Algerians, Sierra Leona really shouldn't pose any great danger and I just hope they don't take this as "better" training and go all out for the match. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Sierra gets a five goals but I'll stick to the ground and pick 3 pieces in the first game. I'm hoping for the mentality the Algerians have and won't settle for a 2 goal lead for example. Algeria is also encouraged by their triumph at the Arab Cup in Qatar, where they extended their record unbeaten streak to 34 matches! In the world, they are even closing in on record-breaking Italy, who have a streak of 37 matches without defeat! I'm expecting a totally one-sided affair and hopefully Mahrez and co. will delight us with some nice goals to start.

My bet:
Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.72 (bet365)

for higher odds:
Total Goals - Algeria: Over 2.5 @ 1.83
Asian Handicap: Algeria -2.5 @ 2.02

About Betfather

Betfather.tips is the fresh air among betting forums. Bringing our users clean and readable website, where the main target is to connect people through their passion for the game.

On Betfather you can share your sports or esports betting tips and previews as well as getting inspired by others. General discussion about betting included, discuss your betting strategies or money management on Betfather!

Make sure you gamble responsibly (18+) BeGambleAware.org
2021-2022 © Betfather.tips

Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProfesorMigelante
Top Bottom